In August, the classic event of the summer at Subasio Park is the Meeting of Mountain Friends in Costa di Trex, a few miles outside the center of Assisi.
The area of Costa Trex, who touch the villages of Ponte Grande, Pian della Pieve and Armenzano, has shown, in recent years, a considerable bustling and growth in terms of tourism and hospitality. The sagra, therefore, is assiduously frequented both by locals in search of relief from the summer heat, and by passing tourists, eager to taste the genuine products of the Umbrian tradition and spend time with some music.
There’s something for every taste:
– Culture: photo exhibition on the Subasio, conferences with local researchers on history and landscape, classical music concert.
– Children: baby dance and entertainment for the little ones, amateur theater.
– Entertainment: dance party with liscio orchestras, 70s music 80s and disco; dance performances; traditional entertainment such as “La Corrida”, “The Game of Pairs”, the Burraco tournament and the race of briscola; gathering of historical vehicles, vespas, lambrettas, cars, motorcycles and tractors; fashion shows under the stars.
– Sport: hiking and walking along the paths of Mount Subasio Park between history and nature, organized by the CAI Italian Alpine Club; The Sports Day with athletics competition “Costa di Trex running” Trail Running.
– Gastronomy: food stand with typical Umbrian cuisine, open for dinner and for lunch of Ferragosto Day. Difficult to advise you on what to choose between appetizers, homemade pasta, grilled meats, umbrian torta al testo, vegetable soups, but this time I would prefer the gnocchi with duck sauce!
Costa di Trex – Meeting of Mountain Friends this year will take place from August 6 to August 15, 2019. For information about the program and details on past editions I recommend you visit the official website or the Facebook page of the Costa Trex Tourist Office.
From some year, the Umbria Region conferred upon the festival the “Ecological festival 3 leafs” mark for the measures about respect and sustainability of the environment.